Here are 5 of the most frequently asked questions about cremation:
1. Is cremation more affordable than burial?
2. Can cremation save on burial or interment fees?
3. Is cremation quick and easy?
4. Is cremation environmentally friendly?
5. Does cremation provide a speedier return to nature?
The answer to all five questions is simply, “Yes.”
Cremation is the term used to describe the process used to reduce a dead human body to basic mineral fragments using high-temperature burning, vaporization, and oxidation. Cremation may serve as an alternative to the interment of the deceased’s casketed remains being buried in the ground or in a mausoleum. Cremated remains may be buried or interred in memorial sites or cemeteries, or they may be retained by relatives and dispersed in various ways. Cremation is not an alternative to a funeral, but rather an alternative to burial or other forms of disposition.